Thursday, November 10, 2011

Happy Birthday, Linda!

Y'all, I am bone tired. I could have an entire entry about how exhausting today has been, but I shouldn't make today be about me.

Some "mommy bloggers" have made a thing out of writing a sweet entry about their children on the child's birthday -- the qualities they like about that child, what makes that child unique, etc.

I am not a mommy blogger -- quotation marks or no. I'm not really a blogger. Just a person with a blog.

But I have people in my life I love. And those people have birthdays. Yay!

Today is one of my best friend's birthday. So I am going be like a parent -- put my personal discomfort and desire to just go straight to bed aside, and write an entry about one of the most important people in my life.

I met Linda about 13 years ago. She came into my life at a pivotal point, and as often happens, was placed into my life at a perfect time when I needed that particular person, even if I didn't recognize it at the time.

Linda is gifted and talented. She has an amazing singing voice, and with no formal vocal training at all, can sing just about anything. She isn't snobby about it either -- she loves music so much that one of her greatest joys is to have people sing or participate with her, regardless of how much talent they have. She never lets anyone feel inferior to her for being less talented.

Linda has a desire to talk to everyone. No, really. EVERYone. Her philosophy is that since we all knew each other, or were at least were acquainted with each other in the pre-existence, that it's our responsibility to talk to those people here and get reacquainted with them. She takes that charge seriously. She can find something in common with everyone and puts everyone at ease.

Linda's smile is infectious, and her eyes are a brilliant blue. She is physically a beautiful person, and she is just as beautiful from the inside out.

There are many other qualities I could list here, but she'll have other birthdays, and I'll be less tired, and have plenty more opportunity to tell y'all why she's such a fantastic person.

Until next year (for this topic, at least). Happy forty-mmmph birthday, Linda! Thanks for being such an important part of my life.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to Linda!
    Happy birthday to Linda!
    Happy Birthday, Dear Linda!!
    Happy Birthday to you!!!

    ReplyDelete