Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Every Day?

Years ago someone in the world wide interwebs decided that November would be the perfect month to start writing a novel. The reasoning was that people have spare time at work due to people getting ready for the holidays and generally having more time. A website was started for people to write a little bit of their novel each day. It was a perfect idea for aspiring writers who are convinced they're the next great American novelist and just don't have time to write. It was called NaNoWrMo -- National November Writer's Month, I think is what that stood for.

So now that the everyone who can navigate Gooogle thinks they're the next great American blogger, NaNoWrMo has transformed to NaBloPoMo -- National Blogging Post Month -- the idea being that bloggers should post a post a day during November.

My November is just as crazy as October, September, July....were. And December won't calm down at all.

I am not really a blogger -- I'm one of those yahoos who can navigate Google well enough to create my own blog. But if I don't post today, November 1, then I count myself out of the running altogether.

Happy November, everyone! Between you and me I am extraordinarily glad that 2011 is almost over. I know there are two months left in 2011, and it hasn't been a total bust, but .. I'm done.

There have been highlights -- I'm not trying to be Debbie Downer, but when I say Happy November, I really do mean it! Only two months left of 2011! Woot!

Meanwhile, we'll see how long I can keep this daily blogging thing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment