Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Dear November

The first time I heard about NaNoWriMo was several years ago when it made sense to me to spend a month writing the next great American novel because my job really did afford me that type of time to spend a few hours per day writing.

As society has trended more towards cyber-space, transiting from a month writing a novel to a month posting publicly for all to read (isn't it interesting how this digital/cyber world deludes us into thinking we're each interesting enough to deserve our own forum?) a blog entry a day makes perfect sense.

Sadly, my job doesn't really afford the luxury of devoting time each day to let those creative juices flow in a satisfactory manner - for me the writer or you, the gentle reader.

However, I have had fun attempting the goal of writing each day. And even if I wasn't perfect in the attempt, I at least made the attempt. It has been satisfying knowing that my sisters have been reading. I appreciate keeping in touch and getting encouraging notes from them as I prepared for the turkey trot.

As November ends and December dawns, I can't promise I will write each day. I think that's actually beneficial for anyone tenacious enough to have roughed this month out with me. But I can and will promise to do this more often and not just wait for something meaningful to say.

Farewell November.

Dear December,

Hello!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Laura, thanks for making the effort. I have enjoyed your posts very much, and I'm glad to hear that you will be posting more often. Every day is a lot--isn't it nice to know that the pressure is off? Here's lookin' forward to December!

    ReplyDelete