Thursday, November 1, 2012

November's Unpronouncable Quest (NaBloPoMo)

That actually sounds like a loose interpretation of what a drunk person might sound like. "Excuse me sir, what's your name?"

"Nanlopomo."

"Sorry, I didn't catch that. What?"

"Nablopomo."

"Come again?"

"Na. Blo. Po. Mo."

"..."

It just means that it's November. Again. It seems like it was just last year at about this time that November rolled around. You may recall that someone (Chris Baty) years ago came up with the idea that since November is generally kind of a down-time for many people at work, it would be a perfect time to write a novel. The idea is to write a novel (or at least start one) during the month of  November, by writing 10,000 words during the month, doing some writing each day. This is called NaNoWriMo - National Novel Writing Month.

For people like me who like to write but are sure they don't have a novel inside of them, there is NaBloPoMo - National Blog Post Month - with the goal of posting a blog entry a day during November.

You may have noticed, loyal reader (all two of you), that I've gotten a head start by posting several entries during the last days of October. I hope to continue that momentum through November, not because I think I'm particularly entertaining (actually, I do. I crack myself up.), but because writing every day is good for you. Well, it's good for me. If I get better (good-er?) at it, then it will be good for you, too.

Happy November! I promise to write about more than just getting ready for the Turkey Trot.


No comments:

Post a Comment