Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Saw It on Pinterest: When It Goes Wrong

I've been spending more and more time lately on Pinterest. I've had an account there for years,  but as more and more people/friends have joined, it's become more dynamic and interesting. I can spend hours laughing at the funny captions on those vintage postcards, oohing and ahhing over the cute animals, and daydreaming about what my dream house and yard should look like. (Besides the time, that one's the most dangerous because it's so easy to get caught up in the false perceptions of wanting to be like the Joneses.)

Anyway, I've actually been trying some of the ideas I've found there. After all, isn't that what we're supposed to do with the ideas we find there? Some have been more successful than others, so I thought I'd report about my attempts - the good, the bad and the failed.

The caption on this cute little photo (I figure if I leave it as I saw it on my own computer screen I can't get in trouble for copyright issues) that humorously encapsulates the potential problems with trying things you find on Pinterest: "This is where most Pinterest recipes go off the rails - when you add 1 cup of hedgehog," because who doesn't think that's the cutest thing ever? (Besides the photos of the baby elephants I saw last night.)



Welcome to my Pinterest experiment! And if you've had any Pinterest encounters of your own, I'd love to hear about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment