Thursday, August 29, 2013

Saw It on Pinterest (Kinda): Fruit Roll

This is another one that I really didn't find on Pinterest. Or if I did, I don't have an actual link for it - probably because I saw it on someone else's board and thought it sounded like a good idea and I'd give it a try sometime. It's another easy one that I figured not even I can mess up, which is generally my rule of thumb for trying new things. (Insert lecture here about not being able to grow/change/learn/develop if you're not willing to do things there may be a chance you can fail at them, but this is Pinterest, y'all. It's a breeding ground for failure. I want to find stuff that works.)

Basically what I'm saying is, I don't have an original source for it. If you want to try this or pin it, then you can reference this. Ha!

Ingredients:
1 roll of refrigerated, pre-made crescent rolls
Whatever you want to put inside of them

I had some blackberry jam and fresh blackberries. The berries were huge, so I cut them up into smaller pieces. I put a spoonful of jam on the roll, threw in some of the berries, then rolled them up.



Follow the directions on the can for baking. I think these were 350* for 11-15 minutes. These could have been baked a tad more.


But they turned out really nice. Even Cim, who is tentative at best when it comes to trying my Pinterest experiments, pronounced these as delicious. I would like to try them using other fillings too. Dulce de leche? Chocolate pudding? Nutella? Bananas? Nutella, bananas and marshmallow cream? The possibilities are endless - limited only by your creativity and taste buds. 

Verdict: It's a keeper. The hardest part was opening the roll of rolls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment