Sunday, October 21, 2012

Olvera Street

Olvera Street is home to the oldest neighborhood in Los Angeles. Or at least, the oldest house. I know, cuz I saw it and a sign told me so. It's a short half-block walk from the Union Station train stop. It's filled with kiosks selling over-priced "authentic" souvenirs and over-priced restaurants. Though I don't doubt for one moment that the food is delicious, we didn't stop to eat there. We just wandered down the sidewalk and took in the sights and sounds. And oh yes, the smells.


Two musicians warming up for a performance later.

The view of the cathedral from under some kiosks.


The walkway to get into the oldest house.


The view through a grape arbor.


More grapes.


The flourishing bougainvillea mocks me.

Beautiful tree. 

Speaking of trees, how many children had to die to make this one?

No comments:

Post a Comment