Friday, November 1, 2013

Blessed November!

Today is the first day of November, and you know what THAT means, right? Well, you might THINK you know what it means - that I'm going to do the same thing I've done for the past two Novembers - NaBloWriMo, but I have some sad news: I'm not.

Instead, I'm doing what November was created for - NaNoWriMo. You may recall my past explanations of my understanding of how this came to me - a coupla guys decided that November was a kind of dull work month, what with people settling into pre-holiday mode and not working a lot, so why not start writing that novel you've been postponing? They've created a web site for wanna-be writers to track their novel writing progress. The goal is to have 50,000 words written by the end of November. It doesn't have to be good or edited, it's just about the volume - you can do the editing and fine tuning later on.

I tried it a few years ago before realizing that my few right-hemisphere brain cells maybe aren't geared towards creative writing, since I had a beginning, but no middle or end - kind of like my life actually. But this year, I've put some thought into it and actually have an idea, an actual plot, if you will - with actual middle and end. It might go somewhere. It might not. And I might post some of it here. I might not. We'll see.

I do have some draft blog posts that I just need to finish up before publishing - mostly about my summer adventures - a trip to Washington, and another to New Mexico. I'll try to get those up at some point during the month so this blog doesn't just sit dormant.

Meanwhile, it's not too late for you, potential novelists, to sign up for NaNoWriMo. If you do, add me as a writing buddy - EllJayPea.

Happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment