Saturday, March 16, 2013

Spring!

I think I mentioned in one of my Paris posts that my digital SLR camera died. At the very least, it's in intensive care. Unfortunately, I figured that out after lugging it overseas with the anticipation of taking some really great photos with it. I still got some nice photos, and am grateful for my little digital snapshot camera, but it really does just take snapshots. So I splurged and got a new DSLR. Today was the first day I've had a chance to take it out for a spin. We've had beautiful spring weather this week. Today was a perfect day - not too hot, the sun was shining. We went to Descanso Gardens and I am thrilled with the photo quality. I haven't even had to run one of these through Photoshop. From southern California to you - happy spring!













2 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL!! I love the colorful flowers, and the water, and I'm fascinated with the last photo and the focus on the--what is it? a frog? a beetle?--and how the grass stems on each side are out of focus but the creature in the middle has its eyes poking out, and well--amazing photography! Very nice. In fact, nice use of focus on all the pictures. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment, Ellen! The creature in the last photo is an amphibian of some sort - either a frog or a toad. I don't know the difference well enough to say for certain. It was about the size of my outstretched palm and very good at camoflauging itself. (I have a red squiggly line indicating that I've spelled that wrong, but don't know what the correct spelling should be.)

      Delete