Thursday, December 1, 2011

December Promise

December has entered 2011 with with a vengeance. I don't know what anyone ever did to it, but it has made its presence felt. Southern California is experiencing hurricane-force winds that are knocking down trees, power lines, and otherwise wreaking havoc.

I'm not a fan of the wind, especially at this velocity, but I do love December! Winter, chilly nights, clear skies, Christmas, my birthday, and other happy events are associated with this month.

One of my favorite songs about December is called, coincidentally enough, "December," by Collective Soul. I have no idea what the lyrics mean, but it's an awesome sing-along/driving song.

Enjoy.



1 comment:

  1. Hah! Louise said you had a blog and showed me where - and I added it to my Blogs I Follow list.

    I have little love for December myself - I'm a hot-weather, bright-Sun guy, with preferred ambient temperatures between 75F and 110F. Around here only February is worse; for some reason I can always go jogging in a T-Shirt on New Years Day both here and in Virginia.
    ~~~~~

    ReplyDelete