Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Control Freak, Thy Name Is My New Boss

My new manager is a control freak. Not a micro-manager, but a slightly different species. I've known, and worked for, my fair share of micro-managers in my life. This one is a different creature. From what I can tell though, they are both indicators of an insecure person. Regardless, my new boss is a control freak, insecure or not.

I'll go into more fun details at a later date. For now, here's what you need to know. She got up from her desk and walked purposefully across the corridor (all four feet of it) to my cube. I should have known that she wasn't there to chit-chat. But what I noticed was the the middle button on her blouse was undone. I was getting ready to tell her that, but before I could get my mouth working, hers was open and hollerin'. She didn't like that I had been on the phone for five minutes, and her aggressive-aggressive way of dealing with that was to ask me was I bored and did I need something to do. I replied no, I was good, and she told me to get off the phone then, and stalked back across the carpet back to her cube.

I did NOT tell her about her blouse.

1 comment: