Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Mozart Season

I just finished reading a beautiful book and wanted to tell you about it. No, I'm too lazy to do a book report or anything fancy or formal like that, but too often I read a book that I enjoy, put it down and move immediately to the next one in my stack. This one was too lovely to do that to. So if anyone's looking for a good book to read, go to your local library and check out "The Mozart Season," by Virginia Euwer Wolff.

I thought at first I wasn't going to like it, or worse, would be bored by it, since the protagonist is a 12 year old girl, which seems a young age to have anything compelling to share. But the prose of this author make this girl mature even as she grows into her own maturity. It is insightful and philosophical and haunting and quite frankly, brought tears to my eyes more than once, but in a good way.

Go. Read. Then let me know what you think about the steel fountain impromptu concert in the rose park.

2 comments:

  1. This has been on my list of comfort books for years. I love it! I remember getting it on a book order when I was in middle school. I need to go read it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so I checked out this book, just because you say it's good. I've only read two chapters and I can't seem to really get into it. Sorry. Maybe I'll try again later.

    ReplyDelete