Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Swoop In Like a Seagull

I was having such a busy day on Monday, that it was beyond frustrating. There is only one me, but enough work on this project and in my regular duties to provide enough work for two or two and a half mes. Easily. The added workload makes it harder to leave work at work and is adding a fair amount of stress to my life.

So much stress, in fact, that I sometimes say things I shouldn't. Like the conversation I had with one of my more annoying consultants/contractors working for me on this project. He was there with his "team" supposedly to work, but since there were so many of them there, they were making more work for me, as opposed to actually accomplishing things. Or so it seemed at the time. I asked him when he was coming back to finish up their tasks, and he said not until Thursday. I said, "Wow, Russell. You're just like a seagull. You swoop in here, crap all over everything, and then leave."

I really need to master that whole "think before you speak" principle.

No comments:

Post a Comment