1. If you like something because you think other people will, it’s a sure bet no one will.
2. Most doors in the world are closed. If you find one you want to get into, you’d better have an interesting knock.
3. Everything that you think is important isn’t. And everything you think is unimportant is.
4. Don’t crap where you eat.
5. Lean into it. The outcome doesn’t matter – what matters is that you’re there for it, whatever “it” is, good or bad.
6. Never climb into bed with someone who has more problems than you.
7. Always assume your mother’s listening.