Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Merry Christmas!

What? Just because it's New Year's Day doesn't mean I can't wish you a Merry Christmas.

This has been a wonderful holiday. My new job has afforded me the luxury of having some time off ... with pay. It truly doesn't get any better than that. I had high hopes of accomplishing many around-the-house chores and cleaning activities. Instead, I did not. Oh sure, I did some things, but mostly I just relaxed. The amazing thing about that was that I didn't feel lazy. I did a lot of running - working on increasing my distance and endurance. That felt good and gave me a sense of accomplishment.

We also played Secret Santa for a family in our ward, and that was incredibly rewarding. The wife talked to us at a wedding reception the other night, expressing amazement at the generous gifts they received from a Secret Santa and how much they appreciated everything. She did it without having the slightest inkling that it was us, which made it that much more fun. 

In keeping with my theme to this post of rambling about a lot of nothing, here are some pictures.






No comments:

Post a Comment