Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Overheard in the Restroom

I walked into the restroom at work just in time to hear the tail end of this conversation:

"So, I had to use my hands."

"Oh my goodness! I hope you had gloves!"

"I did have some, thank goodness, or else it would have been such a mess!"

This made me laugh and laugh as I imagined the many scenarios those lines could apply to. I knew that I was being unfair since I came in at what was obviously the end of a story, and sure enough, being patient and listening paid off.

One of the women was telling the other, who used to be a hairdresser, about her recent dye-your-own-hair-at-home experience. The tools that came with the kit and apparently the instructions had somehow gotten lost, so she wasn't sure if she had the right dye:developer ratio, as well as having to use her own hands to mix and apply the dye.

Why? What were YOU thinking it was?

1 comment: